Under general supervision, analyzes customer business needs and participates in the planning, design and implementation of new or enhanced systems.
*MUST BE LOCAL TO METRO ATLANTA*
*THE TAX CLEARANCE LETTER COMPLIANCE ITEM, IS DUE AT THE TIME OF CANDIDATE SUBMISSION* (pls review the compliance tab on how the candidate can obtain this letter)
Under general supervision, analyzes customer business needs and participates in the planning, design and implementation of new or enhanced systems. Supports the user community in the use of functional business tools and support systems.
•Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience
•OR Two years of experience at the lower-level IT Business Analyst 1 or position equivalent.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Creating requirements and specifications for business solutions
• Collaborating with team members to collect, analyze, and evaluate information from multiple sources including
• Presenting findings and recommendations to stakeholders
• Writing and documenting business requirements, functional requirements, and design specifications
• Creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts to validate business requirements
• Testing and/or coordinating testing of new installations or upgrades
• Consulting with vendors or technical staff to ensure that functionality of automated system is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations, and best practice by user standards
• Utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizing work, determining objectives, and setting priorities to manage own time and workload effectively.
The following knowledge, skills, and experience are required for consideration
• Demonstrated experience researching system/user problems using various analytical and research techniques
• Proficient computer skills to include the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint
• Resilience: Demonstrated consistency in displaying the ability to adapt to changing circumstances while at work
• Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility for one’s actions with honesty and integrity, while maintaining credibility and remaining committed to organizational success
• Customer Service: Ability to appropriately address internal & external customer issues while respecting business needs
• Results Orientation: Ability to meet deadlines and achieve performance goals, while focused on efficient & effective problem resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following knowledge, skills and experience could give you a performance advantage
• Experience with system change request testing and data creation
• Knowledge of Income and/or Business taxes
• Project management skills with the ability to administer multiple projects
• Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of the organization
• Well-developed organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
•DOR will conduct a background check on all candidates considered for the position. Individuals must be compliant with Georgia tax obligations.
•Individuals having any overdue and unpaid taxes, or any felony convictions (no matter how long ago) will not be offered the position or hired.
•All employees will be fingerprinted.
*Candidate MUST be local to Metro Atlanta*
*Tax Clearance Letter, due at the time of submission* (pls review compliance tab for instruction on how the CANDIDATE must obtain this letter)