• Provide technical support and troubleshooting.NET in-house custom applications using Visual Studio (including VS2010, VS2013, VS2017, VS2019, and VS2022).
• Ability to build and run applications from source control repositories, understand technical documentation provided by developers, find the root cause of issues, and add to backlog Sprint list for release fixes.
• Assist in fixing bugs for release when assigned. Escalate bug issues that require additional resources and major changes to the application to the team lead/supervisor. Document findings and the root cause of the problem and meet with the assigned developer to provide conclusions.
• Work on POC research with the assistance of a Software Architect and Database Architect.
• Run SQL statements in SQL Server and Oracle to analyze issues reported in the application.
• Create SQL statements for applications with backend support tickets and follow up database standards for the approval cycle for the team lead, database team, and architects.
• Work with the assistance of architects and DevOps when assigned.
• Troubleshoot, document, and resolve software issues and bugs.
• Analyze, resolve, document, and track support tickets and issues in a ticketing system, add comments, and communicate with the users on the resolution completion.
• Collaborate with project managers and development teams to identify areas for improvement in software functionality and user experience.
• Communicate effectively with clients and stakeholders regarding technical issues and solutions.
• Perform routing validations and monitoring of applications.
• Assist with the System Operations Team in deployments.
• Work closely with Software Specialists to resolve problems in the application, an additional level of troubleshooting tier.
• Participate in database, software, infrastructure upgrade analysis, validation, and deployments.
• Participate in server upgrades for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) in GDOT private cloud infrastructure using the VMWare vSphere Metro Stretched Cluster (MSC).
• Follow the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) processes used within GDOT (Incident > Problem > Change) in ServiceNow (Ticking system).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in development, software support, or related role
• Strong knowledge of the .NET framework and related technologies
• Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases to perform queries
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members
• Experience writing knowledge base articles to support custom applications
• Developed applications in .NET technologies with Kendo UI Telerik, Web API, REST API, JSON, SQL DB, Oracle database, XML, and HTML5
• Experience with ServiceNow ITSM system is preferred