Job Title: DevOps Cloud Engineer
Location: New Jersey (Day 1 onsite)
Terraform Certification is must
Cloud Certification Mandatory
· Help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., AWS EC2,
· AWS S3, AWS RDS, AWS CloudFront, AWS EFS, CloudWatch)
· Design resilient, secure, and high performing platforms in Public Cloud using JPMC best practices
· Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions moving to public cloud
· Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
· Provide primary operational support and engineering for the public cloud platform
· Debug and optimize systems and automate routine tasks.
· Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
· Drive work streams to ensure Applications meet strict non-functional requirements for Public Cloud On-boarding
· Drive Cost management through the effective design and optimization of public cloud platforms and technologies.
· Organize and run game days, resiliency tests and chaos engineering exercises.
· Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Node, Go, and Scala, Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, and a variety of AWS tools and services
· Monitor metrics and program health, anticipate and clear blockers, manage escalations
· Roll your sleeves up in deep problem solving
· Lead and mentor other technical resources on the team
· Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices
· 10-12 years’ experience across the SDLC process - Design and/or Development and/or support
· 2-4 years’ experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
· Experience building and maintaining cloud-native applications
· Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, and Sonar Qube
· Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, Prometheus, Datadog
· Experience of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
· Experience with one or more public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
· Experience with one or more automation tools like Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
· Provide technical direction and leadership to internal teams and clients.
· Experience with high volume, mission critical applications and their interdependencies with other applications and databases
· Ability to leverage Splunk and Dynatrace to identify and troubleshoot issues
· Experience of Agile delivery and tools including Kanban framework
· Working knowledge of DevOps Tool chains and CICD
· Experience with high volume, mission critical applications, and building upon messaging and or event-driven architectures.
· Experience of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
· Command over architecture, design, and business processes
· Keen understanding of financial and budget management, control and optimization of Public Cloud expenses
· Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
· Passionate about building an innovative culture
· Experience with production support of highly available applications
· Experience with system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
· Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
· Strong communication and collaboration skills