- Company Name: siraconsulting
Job Type: C2C
- How many positions: 2
Eligibility: Citizen, EAD, G Card
Role: Data Architect/Engineer
Duration: 12+ months
Location : NYC, NY
Visas- No H1B
Experience: 10+ years
3 days on site in NYC, NY
Data Mesh or Data Fabric is a must have skill.
Job Description :
Seeking a Data Architect/Engineer to join the Application and Data Engineering department. The candidate will be responsible for helping to drive, analyze, design, architect, and execute on a strategy to modernize the data platform across Non-Financial Risk. This includes understanding the current data plane and business use cases that drive data decisions. This all drives to the goal of efficient ways to enable enhanced data discovery, governance, metadata management, and integration that enables data to be sourced from hybrid on prem and cloud environments delivered over multiple possible mechanisms in an efficient method to the consumer under a Data Fabric/Mesh architecture
· Understand current data platform within NFRT
· Work with development teams and business partners to understand data use cases.
· Design and architect and execute on Data Fabric / Data Mesh solution
· Evaluate tools, (external or internal) and aid in the development of tools to enable and support the Data platform
· Design and aid in development of a data discovery, observability, governance platform.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
· 10+ years of work experience in Information Technology and 5+ years working as Data Architect or Data Engineer.
· Experience with designing and implementing modern data platforms (i.e. Data Fabric, Data Mesh, Data Hubs, Data driven environments)
· Experience in highly complex data environments with large data volumes including cloud / Hybrid implementations
· Experience with the design of data catalogs / dictionaries driven by active metadata
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups
· Self-starter. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to identify where focus is needed and bring clarity to business objectives, requirements, and priorities
· Experience with Semantic DBs and Knowledge graphs
· Experience with the establishment of Data Fabrics and Data Meshes
· Experience with Collibra
· Experience with one or more Cloudera, Apache Hive, Azure data lake, Snowflake
· Experience with one or more of Databricks, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, Talend, informatica
· Knowledge of one or more Postgres, DB2, MSSQL, mongoDB
· Experience with Analytics and BI – Tableau, Power BI
· Experience with Data science and AIML – Jupyter Notebook, Dataiku